Try this Greek recipe...the famous hamburger patties...great one !
Greek Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 lb Beef or Pork (Minced)
- 2 Item Bread Slices (Soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- 1 Item Egg
- 1 Whole Lemons (To garnish)
- 1 Tablespoon Mint (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Onion (Grated)
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Bunch Parsley (Chopped, to taste)
- 1 Pinch Pepper (To taste)
- 1 Pinch Salt (To taste)
- 2 Tablespoon Thyme
* Squeeze excess moisture from the bread and discard the crusts.
* In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients by hand.
* Let this mixture stand for half an hour if you have the time.
* Make large, round, flattened hamburgers and grill under a hot grill, approximately 3 minutes on each side; or even better place them on an oiled grid and barbecue them approximately 5-6 minutes on each side, according to the strength of the fire.
* They should be slightly undercooked inside and moist; turn them over once, but do not let them get scorched.
* Serve them with quartered lemons on the side of the platter, with some fresh salad.... hmmm...nice taste. Enjoy it !