Another great Greek recipe to try...the Minced meat stuffed in a fyllo pastry.
- 1 A Little Butter (Unsalted)
- 2 Whole Egg (Beaten)
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Package Fyllo Pastry
- 2 Tablespoon Marsala Liquor
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Grated)
- 1-2 Pinch Pepper (To taste)
- 2-3 Pinch Salt (To taste)
- 2 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 lb Topside Mince
- 2 Cup Water
* In a saucepan add oil & saute onion.
* Add mince and brown.
* Mix the tomato paste with about 2 cups water and add marsala and spices and cook on med. heat until mince is cooked and not much sauce remaining in pan.
* Remove from stove, add grated feta cheese, beaten eggs, stir, put aside.
* Remove fyllo pastry from package and cut down lengthwise.
* Keep covered with a moist tea towel.
* Take one cut sheet and brush with melted butter, then fold lengthwise again so you have a long strip, doubled.
* At bottom, place a spoonful of mixture.
* Pick fyllo from bottom and fold upwards about 3cm enclosing the meat mixture press sides,then start folding to make a triangle making sure the corners are not sticking outside the fold.
* You go yo the right, bring that point to the left side and left again and so on until you reach the top.
* Brush top of triangle with melted butter and place on baking greased baking tray,
* Bake in 200 degree oven until golden brown.
* These triangles can be frozen uncooked.
* When cooking from frozen stage don't defrost first.
* Sometimes you may have to flip them over in the oven.
This amazing Greek Minced meat stuffed in a fyllo pastry...is ready for feasts....bon apetit ! Enjoy it !