Another nice Greek recipe to try ...Lamb and garden greens in a creamy lemon sauce.!
- 1 Batch Avgolemono Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Whole Egg
- 3 Cup Green Onions (Chopped)
- 2 lb Lamb (Lamb leg)
- 1 Whole Lemons (Squeezed)
- 2-3 Head Lettuce (Chopped-dandelions work best if youcan find them)
- 1-2 Pinch Pepper (To taste)
- 2-3 Pinch Salt (To taste)
* Cut the lamb in portions.
* Brown in a pot using the butter.
* Strain excess fat.
* Add salt & pepper, the lettuce , the onions, very little water.
* Cover and simmer for about 1 hr.
* Prepare the avgolemono sauce.
* Pour the avgolemono in the pot, simmer lightly and serve hot. ...hmmm..great taste for a great meal...enjoy it !