Try this zesty tomato soup ...a Greek classic one , great with a pasta !
- 1 Whole Celery Stalks
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 lb Pasta
- 1 Pinch Salt (To taste)
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (Ripe)
* Wash, peel, core and crush the tomatoes.
* Press the tomatoes through a strainer, removing any course pulp and the seeds.
* Place the juice in a stock pot with the celery, the sugar, the oil, the salt and enough water.
* Slowly boil the contents for 20 or so minutes then add your pasta of choice.
* Continue to boil until your noodles are cooked to taste.
* Remove the celery and serve hot....hmmm...nice Greek soup ! Enjoy it for starters meal !