Another amazing Greek recipe to try...the Grape leaf roll ups stuffed with rice...a nice one !
- 1 Bunch Dill (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 lb Grape Leaves
- 1 Whole Lemons (Squeezed)
- 1 Bunch Mint (Finely chopped)
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 lb Yellow Onions (Finely chopped)
* Briefly dip grape leaves in boiling water then rinse them with cold water and wipe dry.
* Mix the onions with half the olive oil.
* After a while, mix in the rice, 250mL hot water and the remaining ingredients, except for the oil and the lemon juice.
* Boil the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes.
* Wrap one tablespoon of the mixture with a grape leaf and repeat until completed.
* Carefully place the dolmathes in a pot with some space between them.
* Cover the dolmathes with a plate a add the rest of the oil and the lemon juice with 500mL of water.
* Boil at low heat for 30 minutes, until some water is absorbed and the rice is done.
* Serve cold with slices of lemon....and the Greek Dolmathes is ready for starters meal....nice !